Saturday, October 20, 2007

Hellgate: London: Demo: Colon

So last Thursday (October 18, 2007) Flagship games released the Hellgate: London demo. I gave it a shot this morning, and here is what I have to say.

It's good.

Hellgate: London is good not great, not bad. Good. The game play is quite a bit of fun, sure but everything else isn't as great. The graphics are o.k. at best, they really don't take advantage of the graphical power of a PC. Come on, you can make a versatile graphics engine without making the graphics o.k.! The graphics were disappointing. The ambiance and music both sound good, while the voice acting (though minimal, thank God) is horrendous! You can also run straight through boxes and other objects (No, not walls), which is ridiculous. I guess all that matters really is the gameplay but, with all these other problems I know for fact I won't buy this game day 1. I will probably get it eventually though.

I say a flat 8.0/10

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh, gameplay is all that is really important to me. And story, of course. Hellgate is kind of like Arcanum in that it is a mix of some technology and some magic, right?

Turtlefuzz said...

Yes, there is technology, magic and sword play. Though you can only play the Blademaster and Marksman classes in the demo.